Wednesday, July 10, 2013

American Girl Movie - Saige Paints the Sky - Airs on Saturday

Is your daughter an American Girl fan? My daughter certainly is. She loves her American Girl dolls, and after placing an order this morning for some of the pieces of the Molly & Emily collection that she wants before they are retired, I am hoping to talk her out of asking for another doll. Although, I have a feeling Saige, the 2013 Girl of the Year, will be on her Christmas list especially since we visited Albuquerque next summer.

Saige Copeland hails from Albuquerque, New Mexico. She is an artist and also loves horses. After her grandmother's injury she takes over with her Grandmother's horse Picasso to lead the Balloon Festival parade. She also works to keep the arts program at school alive despite budget cuts.

American Girl has partnered with NBC to make the movie Saige Paints the Sky which will be on NBC on Saturday, July 13 at 8p/7c. The movie is also currently available for purchase on the American Girl website.
Saige Paints the Sky
from AmericanGirl.com

My daughter loves the McKenna movie that they made last year about the 2012 Girl of the Year. I had purchased it in advance of it's air date because we were having American Girl day with her friends and they wanted to watch it. I am glad that I bought the movie on BluRay since it had a digital copy for our iPad & her iPod Touch.

In reading some of the reviews, one mentions that the movie is sad and depressing for children. I have not seen Saige, but had the same thought the first time my daughter watched the Molly movie even asking her if she wanted me to turn it off. However, my daughter was loving the movie and has watched it many more times.

Disclaimer: I am an Amazon Associate and iTunes Affiliate and am compensated for sales through Amazon and iTunes links. I appreciate your support of my blog by shopping through my links.

My plan is to DVR Saige Paints the Sky on Saturday. If she likes it, then we will consider buying the movie. I was thinking to just buy the iTunes version, but Amazon is currently offering the BluRay-DVD-Digital Copy for less than the iTunes only version.



Also, American Girl will be hosting a chat with the movie's star Sidney Fullmer tonight, July 10 at 8p (ET) on their Facebook Page.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...