Thursday, May 23, 2013

LEGO Star Wars X-Wing in Times Square

My daughter loves both Star Wars and LEGO, so I know she will love the pictures of the Life Size LEGO X-Wing that was revealed in Times Square today.
LEGO Star Wars X-Wing in Times Square Pre-Reveal Box
The Pre-Reveal Box looks like a LEGO Box
from LEGO Facebook Page

The LEGO X-Wing is the largest LEGO model ever built and has over 5 million bricks and took 32 designers 17,000 hours to put it together.
LEGO Star Wars X-Wing in Times Square
The X-Wing and Crowds in Times Square
from LEGO Facebook Page

The reveal is part of the promotion for the new Yoda Chronicles television series which premiers on Cartoon Network on Wednesday, May 29 at 8p/7c.

I love that they have a female X-Wing Pilot
from LEGO Facebook Page

LEGO has an album of 41 pictures on their Facebook page.

Gizmodo has a great article about the X-Wing including up-close shots that were taken before the reveal. It also reveals that the model will be in New York for 3 days before it is disassembled and transported to LEGOLAND California for the remainder of the year.

Can't make it to see the life-sized X-Wing? You can own your own smaller version. While you are waiting for the Yoda Chronicles series, check out the LEGO Star Wars movies - my daughter loves them.

Disclaimer: I am an Amazon Associate and am compensated for sales through Amazon links. I appreciate your support of my blog by shopping through my links.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...