Sunday, October 7, 2012

Hotel Transylvania Review

Tonight my daughter and I went to see Hotel Transylvania. This is definitely a great pre-Halloween movie. I see us buying it on DVD to watch each year.

My daughter thought the movie was "CRAZY"...which is her highest compliment. She can't wait until we get it on DVD to show dad (who is out of town at a conference). She said "if he doesn't think it's a bit funny, he's a weirdo".

Hotel Transylvania features the voice of Adam Sandler as Dracula, a single vampire father to Mavis (voiced by Selena Gomez) whom he has protected from humans at the Hotel Transylvania, a hotel just for monsters. Just as they are preparing to celebrate Mavis's milestone 118th birthday, a human name Johnny (Adam Samberg) arrives at the hotel. Wanting to save the party, Dracula disguises him as a monster. Mavis, who has always wanted to explore the world is fascinated by Johnny's tales.



I loved all of the different monsters featured in the movie with some incredible voice talent...Kevin James as Frankenstein, Fran Drescher as his wife Eunice, Steve Buscemi as Wayne the Werewolf and Molly Shannon as his wife Wanda, CeeLo Green as Murray the mummy, David Spade as Griffin the Invisible Man, and Jon Lovitz as Quasimodo. There were several jokes that went over the kids head, including a jab at Twilight.

Overall, the movie was a nice pre-Halloween movie. I'm not going to put seeing the movie at the top of your priority list, but if you have some free time in the next month or so, it is worth the time to see it.

There are coloring and drawing sheets on the Hotel Transylvania website as well as some games. I have also included links to several Apps for your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad.


Disclaimer: I am an iTunes Affiliate and am compensated for sales through Amazon links. I appreciate your support of my blog by shopping through my links.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...