Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Easter - Egg Treasure Hunt

My daughter loves treasure hunts. I know of people who hide the Easter basket and the kids have to find them. We have never done that and I did not grow up that way. Instead, I think we are going to hide a treat that would otherwise be in her basket and send her on a scavenger hunt to find it.

We typically do our egg hunt in the family room. I am going to put clues in eggs and hide them in the basement play area. I like to do cute rhymes that tie into the holiday theme and take her from toy to toy until she finds the actual gift:

  • "Hop, Hop, Hop goes the Bunny, To the Tree of someone who likes Honey" (My Friends Tigger & Pooh Changing Tree)
  • "The bunny Hopped to the Food to be Chopped" (Melissa & Doug Food Slicing Set)
  • "Here Comes Peter Cottontail, Hopping down the Bunny Trail, Right to the Potato Pail"(Her Mr Potato Heads are kept in a Pail)
  • "Easter Bunny is my Name, Hiding Eggs is my Game" (In the closet where we keep the games)
I have not yet figured out all of the rhymes I will use, but some other ideas I have are 
  • Egg to Leg, Beg, Egg
  • Tail to Rail, Sail, Pail, Trail
  • Bunny to Honey, Funny
  • Ears to Dears, Fears, Gears, Tears
  • Grass to Lass, Pass
  • Chick to Pick
Have fun creating a treasure hunt for your child. 

See other posts on Easter.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...