Sunday, March 21, 2010

Easter - Group Egg Hunt

My playgroup is having an Easter party on Friday, so I am starting to plan activities. I am planning an egg hunt as one activity. I am hoping that the weather will be nice and we can do it outside. I usually fill the eggs with treats. If I am using food treats, I make sure to wash the eggs in soapy water and leave plenty of time for them to dry before filling them.

Since our playgroup is mixed ages (15 mos-4 yrs), I need to have eggs with treats appropriate for different ages and also some eggs at different hunt difficulties. A great tip that I am going to use is to color code the eggs, reserving one color for the youngest children.

Food Treat ideas include:

  • Cheerios
  • Raisins
  • Goldfish
  • Gerber Puffs
  • Jelly Beans
  • M&Ms
  • Hershey Kisses

Non Food Treat ideas include:



Each year after a holiday, I keep my eyes open for clearance sales on holiday merchandise to stash away for next year. However, last year's Easter purchases were eggs and craft supplies so I don't have any treats to use. I wish I would have thought of it earlier so I could order some treats.

For a craft project, we are going to decorate bags to use in our egg hunt. I have foam stickers that I bought on clearance last year and also have paper bags left from Valentine's Day.

See other posts on Easter.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...