Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Chuck E Cheese's Outing

Santa brought my daughter a Chuck E Cheese gift card and some tokens (left from a previous visit). She has periodically been asking to go, but we have been busy and have not had the chance to go. Last year, the Easter bunny hid Chuck E Cheese tokens in a few eggs and may repeat that with some leftovers from today.

Sunday afternoon, I decided that we could go this morning and for lunch before school. Chuck E Cheese is always more fun with friends, so I invited some friends/classmates via Facebook. We had 4 friends join us.

Do you know that you don't have to buy food? Chuck E Cheese opens at 10a, so you could easily go for 2 hours before lunch. However, arriving early is a bit inconvenient when you have a coupon that includes tokens with your food purchase. I wish you could order your food with a specified delivery time. For example, we arrived at 10:30 and wanted our food around noon so we waited to order around 11:45.

Coupons are readily available for Chuck E Cheese. You can register for their e-mail coupons and these typically provide the best deals. I has the email coupons and my friends also had coupons from the newspaper, but my coupons were either cheaper or offered more tokens for the same price.

We ordered two large pizzas for 5 four year olds and 4 moms. (One mom opted for the salad bar and no pizza). There was one slice left that I grabbed on my way out the door, so it was the perfect portion.

Our kids had a great time and several hit jackpots on games. My daughter is 4 now, and I found she was much more independent with many of the games than she has been in the past (we probably have not been in 6 months).
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...