Sunday, March 7, 2010

St Patrick's Day - Irish Menu

Creating a St Patrick's Day menu with my 4 year old in mind is quite the challenge. Obviously, Guiness is out. None of us are very fond of corned beef or cabbage so we will be passing on that.

A definite for the day will be the milk that the leprechauns turned green (see Leprechaun Mischief). Breakfast is also fairly easy with Lucky Charms cereal.

I am leaning towards grilled cheese and soup for lunch. I'll get some Irish cheese, make grilled cheese sandwiches and use a shamrock cookie cutter to make them shamrocks. My preschooler loves soup, so I may try making this potato bacon chowder.

Ideas I have for dinner are: Irish stew, pulled pork, shepherd's pie. I may even consider making spaghetti "snakes". St Patrick drove the snakes out of Ireland, so I can tie in something my preschooler loves to St Patrick's Day. Of course she will gladly settle for fish and chips if I use fish sticks.

What are you planning to serve for St Patrick's Day?? Share your meal ideas here.

See the previous entries in this blog series: St Patrick's Day Leprechaun Mischief, and St Patrick's Day Hunting Rainbows. Stay tuned for the next blog post: St Patrick's Day - Green Treats.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...