Sunday, March 24, 2013

LEGO Friends Books and "Movie"

My daughter loves LEGO and was thrilled last year when they introduced the LEGO Friends set which are geared towards girls. She has a number of these sets (as well as plenty of LEGO City, Creator, Star Wars, Marvel Super Heroes, Harry Potter, and Dino sets.

Yesterday my daughter received LEGO Friends: New Girl in Town, a chapter book that says it is based on a movie. My daughter loves the LEGO Star Wars movies, but I had not heard of a LEGO Friends movie. I went in search of the LEGO Friends movies and found a series of LEGO Friends of Heartlake City videos on YouTube. There are 10 episodes which combine to tell the story of New Girl in Town.

LEGO Friends of Heartlake City is available on DisneyShows YouTube channel, or you can find a LEGO Friends of Heartlake City playlist on my YouTube Channel. There are currently 10 episodes of LEGO Friends of Heartlake City. The episodes range from 1.5 minutes to 3 minutes long for a total play time of approximately 23 minutes. I wish the episodes were condensed into one or maybe two episodes since they are so short.

I love having the videos on YouTube since they are FREE! My daughter can watch the shows with the YouTube app on her iPod Touch or we can stream them through our AppleTV or our televisions. They are at sufficient resolution to play on my 46" 1080p HDTV.

Here's the first episode to get you started:



There is a new chapter book, LEGO Friends: Lights, Camera, Girl Power!, that was released on March 1, so I am hopeful that they will release more episodes.

If your daughter is not quite ready for chapter books, there are also LEGO Friends readers at level 3 (Friends Forever and Summer Adventures) and 4 (Welcome to Heartlake City). They are also launching a comic series this summer with the first two volumes slated for August (A Puppy Tale) and September (Andrea Takes the Stage).

My daughter also enjoys playing the LEGO Friends games on the LEGO website or LEGO® FRIENDS Dress Up Game on her iPod Touch or our iPad.

Disclaimer: I am an Amazon Associate and am compensated for sales through Amazon links. I am an Apple iTunes Affiliate and am compensated for sales through iTunes links.  I appreciate your support of my blog by shopping through my links.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...