Monday, February 4, 2013

Who Does This?

Last week I opened a "new" LEGO set that Santa brought my daughter only to discover that the box had previously been opened and the set repackaged in Ziploc bags. Upon closer inspection I was able to see where the box had been previously opened. Fortunately my daughter was showered with LEGO sets between Christmas and a birthday the following week that she had another new set to build.

Seriously, who returns a LEGO set that their kid has already built complete with stickers applied? I understand that they are expensive, but do you really think someone else wants to pay retail for your used set? Is that fair to them?

My husband had purchased the set in question on clearance several months ago and put it away as a Christmas present. Fortunately the store still had the set and we were able to replace our used set.

I did inventory the set and discovered that there are two small pieces missing. One I am sure that we have in our LEGO stock and we might have the other as well.

Now that are two reasons I may not blame the returner.

  1. They returned the set because it was missing pieces and told the store that. The store failed to mark the merchandise as defective and placed it back on the shell. FYI - if this happens to you, LEGO is very good about replacing missing pieces from a set.
  2. They returned a gift not realizing it was not a new set.
If we had not been able to get a new set, I would have contacted LEGO for the missing pieces. Next time we will be sure to check LEGO sets as we purchase them.

Disclaimer: I am an Amazon Associate and am compensated for sales through Amazon links. I appreciate your support of my blog by shopping through my links.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...