Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Spelling Word Trick

Last week's spelling words
My daughter's reading group recently started receiving spelling words. Typically they receive their words on Wednesdays and have the test the following Tuesday. In my daughter's class most of the words are the same based on either a concept they are working on in class (her first set had to do with motion which they were studying in science) or based on a spelling combination (-ie, -ound, etc) plus a few custom words for each child based on their own writings. During the week they work with the words at school so that they gain familiarity with them.

On the day that they get the words, they copy them from their spelling sheet and bring the half-sheet home. The second week of spelling words, my daughter did not have her list in her backpack, so I used my phone to take a quick picture of the list. Then her teacher came in and helped us find the list. Having the list on my phone made it so easy to quiz my daughter on spelling anywhere. Last week the first thing I did with her spelling list was take a picture of it. I could also type the list into my phone, but a picture is much faster.

So here's my tip: Put the spelling list on your phone 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...