Friday, February 22, 2013

LEGO Star Wars: Empire Strikes Out on DVD

Two favorite subjects in our house are LEGO and Star Wars, so the combination is a huge hit. My daughter is currently obsessed with reading the LEGO Star Wars Character Encyclopedia and she enjoys playing Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga on Wii.

A couple of months ago my husband spotted Star Wars Lego: The Empire Strikes Out a 30 minute special airing on the Cartoon Network. It had started a few minutes prior and he started recording it. I have searched the guide for the episode on television a number of times and have not found another airing. My daughter loves this episode and has watched it numerous times but is restricted to our bedroom where he recorded the episode.

LEGO Star Wars: Empire Strikes Out follows LEGO Star Wars: The Padawan Menace. Padawan Menace is set during the prequel trilogy. Yoda takes Jedi younglings on a field trip with the help of R2-D2 and C3-PO. Empire Strikes Out focuses on the original trilogy storyline, but with quite a bit of humorous and story-telling license- Luke is chased by fans as a celebrity for blowing up the Death Star and Darth Maul rivals Darth Vader for the Emperor's attention. My daughter loves the humor of Empire Strikes Out. The video run-time is 22 minutes for both Padawan Menace and The Empire Strikes Out. I do wish the episodes were a bit longer.

We already have LEGO Star Wars: The Padawan Menace (with young Han-Solo mini-figure). I have looked for Empire Strikes Out on DVD a few times and it was not yet available. However, this week, I discovered that a release date of March 26, 2013 for Star Wars Lego: The Empire Strikes Out on DVD on has been announced. The episode is not available on BluRay. The list price for the DVD is $14.98, but Amazon is currently offering the DVD for $7.48. The DVD also comes with a LEGO mini-figure (it appears to be Darth Vader). A March 26 release date would make this a great option for an Easter basket.

Other LEGO movies/television available on DVD or BluRay include:



Disclaimer: I am an Amazon Associate and am compensated for sales through Amazon links. I appreciate your support of my blog by shopping through my links.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...