Friday, November 2, 2012

Wreck-It Ralph Review & Activities

Walt Disney Animation Studios' newest film Wreck-It Ralph opens in theaters on Friday, November 2.


Ralph (voiced by John C. Reilly) is one of the stars of the arcade game Fix-It Felix Jr. Unfortunately for Ralph he is the bad guy in the game and excluded form the game's 30th Anniversary party. Ralph decides to rebel and game jump in order to earn a gold medal like Felix to gain acceptance. After ending up in Hero's Duty (like Call of Duty), he ends up escaping the aliens and crash lands in Sugar Rush...a candy-themed racing game. In Sugar Rush, His medal is taken by Vanellope (voiced by Sarah Silverman) and they must work together for her to win the race and earn back his medal.

My daughter and I both loved the movie. My daughter's favorite part was when Ralph and Vanellope build her new car and practice racing it. I loved seeing the arcade characters I grew up with: Qbert, PacMan Ghosts, Street Fighter characters, etc. there was even an appearance by Turbo which reminded me of the early racing game Night Racer that we had on our Atari.

The movie is preceded by the animated short Paperman. It is a black and white silent animated film that tells the story of a young man trying to send a love letter to a young woman through paper airplanes. My daughter loved Paperman. Since there was no dialog I had to keep reminding her that we were in a theater and she couldn't narrate the move.

We saw a 3D version of Wreck-It Ralph which I thought was very well done. Lately I have not been impressed with 3D versions, but thought this one was well done.

We both loved the movie and are recommending it. I feel like both parents and kids will enjoy the movie. Enjoy the following preview:

The last scene in this trailer was one of my daughter's favorite scenes.

You can find several Wreck-It Ralph activity sheets that you can print for your child to do. There is a Connect the Dots, a Cord Maze, Pencil Toppers, Coloring Page, Ralph Color by Number, and Vanellope Color by Number.

There are also three apps available for your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad. Fix-It Felix Jr, Wreck-It Ralph, and the Wreck-It Ralph Storybook Deluxe. I have downloaded Fix-It Felix, Jr (which is free) and my daughter enjoys playing it. (Just make sure to turn the volume off it is highly annoying)


Disclaimer: My daughter and I were invited to attend a free screening of the film. All opinions are 100% ours. Pictures and videos were provided by Walt Disney Animation Studios for use in publicity. I am an iTunes Affiliate and am compensated for sales through Amazon links. I appreciate your support of my blog by shopping through my links.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...