Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Family Game Night - Get 50% off a game

This weekend K-Mart is offering 50% off of a participating Family Game Night game, but not without a catch. The catch - you have to trade in an old game (and it is not valid in California). Take your old game to the customer service counter to get a coupon.

I love the concept of Family Game Night. I am looking forward to this more in the future as my daughter gets older. We did have a fun preschool version of it last month.

Honestly, I am not sure how valuable this promotion is. I don't know if I have any games that I would want to trade in. If I had an old game that was broken or missing parts I guess this would be a good way to replace it. Maybe if it was garage sale season, I could pick up a game inexpensively and trade that for a new game. I wonder what they are doing with the old games. Finally, I have found that their regular prices are on the high side for games. I feel like I could do almost as well by waiting for a sale elsewhere.

I know the trade in concept is huge right now since Cash for Clunkers. But that served a purpose to get old vehicles off the road in favor of more efficient models. Babies R Us has also run a trade in event where you get a discount by trading in old baby equipment. Out of date baby equipment can be dangerous as it may have been recalled or only has a certain lifespan. I just do not see the value of trading in old games especially if they are just going to be destroyed. The website does not mention whether the old games will be destroyed, donated, or otherwise utilized.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...