Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Tinker Bell & The Great Fairy Rescue - Review and Coupon

Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy RescueTinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue was released on DVD and Blu-Ray combo pack yesterday. I had pre-ordered my copy of the Blu-Ray combo pack at Toys R Us and picked it up today. If you plan to purchase it, you can get a $10 Disney Movie Rewards Coupon for the movie. The coupon is only good on the Blu-Ray combo pack which includes a DVD. At most stores, the coupon will make the BluRay combo pack less expensive than the DVD only version. Since the combo pack includes both a BluRay and a DVD, you do not really lose anything by getting the combo pack.

Yesterday, I was at the grocery store and walked by a RedBox. I have an app on my HTC Droid Incredible that lists codes for free Red Box rentals. Since I was going to be baking, I decided to see if they happened to have Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue in the RedBox. I was in luck, they did. My daughter was thrilled to see the movie, although she didn't understand why she wasn't getting to keep it. I have not yet decided whether the movie will be kept for Christmas or whether it will just be a special treat.

My daughter really enjoyed the movie and getting to meet Lizzy, the little girl who captures Tinker Bell and whom Tinker Bell then befriends. I can't say that I watched much of the movie with her since I was busy baking. From what I gathered, Lizzy's father is a butterfly collector and works a lot of hours so he doesn't have a lot of time to spend with Lizzy. He teaches her to keep a field journal of her observations. She does this after meeting Tinker Bell and her father dismisses all of her information on fairies as a fantasy and not fact. One really interesting scene is where Tinker Bell uses pixie dust to help Lizzy fly. It is funny watching Lizzy learn to navigate and later to keep herself on the ground when her father comes in. My daughter requested to watch the movie again this morning. so it was a definite hit with her.

My daughter's only complaint with the movie is that the special features did not contain bloopers. She really enjoys these on some of her DVDs. We have not yet watched the Blu Ray, so I am not sure if there are additional features or not. I was disappointed that the combo pack did not include a digital download. Since my daughter has inherited my husband's old iPod Touch, we like movies that include the digital copy. This was the main reason that we opted for the BluRay combo pack of Princess and the Frog instead of the DVD before we even had a BluRay player. I am not going to spend $14.99 in iTunes for a digital copy of a movie I already own. I noticed that Beauty and the Beast's BluRay release does not include a digital copy either. On the plus side, Toy Story 3 has a 4 disc pack that includes a digital download.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...