Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Planning a Spooktacular Festival at Home

My 3.5 yr old is having a Spooktacular Festival at home for her friends. At this point we have 16 kids coming. With this number of kids we are setting up game and craft stations around the house and asking for help from the parents to man the station. With the kids mostly being 3, I wanted games where everyone can win and each person is playing on their own instead of competing. My prizes consist of pencils, necklaces, erasers, glow bracelets, bubbles, spider/bat rings, etc. I bought some of these last year at the Halloween clearance sales with the intent of doing a party this year.

Ghost Bowling: I took 10 empty disposable water bottles. I filled the bottle with about 2" of water and wrapped the bottom 3/4 in white tissue paper. Then I crumpled half a sheet of tissue paper and caught it in the middle of the other half with a rubber band. I drew a ghost face on each "ghost" and used the rubber band to fasten them to the top of the water bottles. You need to use a little water so the bottles do not tip when setup. Use more water to make the game more difficult. For older kids you could use a pumpkin as the bowling ball. We are using the orange basketball that came with my daughter's basketball hoop (Fisher Price Grow to Pro). If I get industrious, I may try to figure out how to attach a jack-o-lantern face that would not ruin the ball. Cost: $1.50 for half the pack of tissue paper.

From Halloween Crafts


Bucket Toss: At Dollar Tree I found a pumpkin and a ghost bucket for $1 each. Then, I found stuffed pumpkin, bat, spider, and ghosts in the dollar section at Target to throw in the buckets. Cost: $6, but all is reusable in the future or as decorations.



Witch Hat Ring Toss: I stuffed the point of a witch's hat with hand towels to make it stand up. I cut the center out of Halloween paper plates. Toss the ring around the hat. Cost: Free (I had the hat & had extra paper plates).


Haunted House Frisbee Toss: The paper plates I used had a ghost in the center, so when I cut the rings for the Witch toss I saved the center. My daughter has a play market which I covered with black tissue paper and black poster board. I used construction paper to create windows and doors. The kids can throw the frisbees between the posts. Cost: $2 for tissue and poster.

From Halloween Crafts




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...