Sunday, January 24, 2010

Watching Football - Keeping preschooler entertained

With the conference finals this weekend and the Super Bowl next weekend, it will be a challenge to keep my preschooler entertained during the games. As a football fan, I have lots of experience entertaining my daughter. First, I will often invite my parents over for the game so I have reinforcements.

I am also lucky to have a preschooler who still naps, so a well timed nap helped today. However, she has now woken up and is requesting a movie. I will admit to having used a portable DVD player when she was younger to let her watch a movie during key games when my team was involved.

I prefer to watch games in our basement with the 50" HDTV. The TV/seating area is generally a no toy zone, but I make an exception during games so that I don't have to go to the basement toy area where it is harder to see the TV. I do limit noisy toys and those that have the potential to hit the television & glass cabinets. She was quite disappointed that I wouldn't let her play Gator Golf today.

I have some sport stickers and stamps that I can get out so she can do a craft project. Before the Super Bowl, I may try to come up with a craft or activity during the game.

So, how do you entertain your child while you watch the games?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...