Monday, March 14, 2011

Great Service through Social Media - Thanks Comcast

I would like to send Kudos out to Comcast for monitoring Twitter for problems with their service. This morning around 9:40a, my home internet dropped. By 10:25a it hadn't come back, so I rebooted my modem. Still no luck, so I used my phone to post a message to Twitter asking if any others in my area were having problems. Within an hour, I had a reply from @ComcastMelissa asking what the problem was and to help. By sending her my telephone number, she was able to reset my modem and tell me to power my router on and off. I tried it and it worked!

I love this service because I really did not have 20 minutes to call Comcast and go through diagnosing the problem. I was able to send my messages between running to the post office, making my daughter & I lunch, taking my daughter to school, and getting dinner in the crockpot. I never took more than 2 or 3 minutes at a time to test something or send a message. Sure a phone call might have resolved the problem sooner, but I would have needed a bigger chunk of time.

This is not the only time I've gotten help from a company by posting on Twitter, but a few factors made today's experience notable for me. I also recently switched back to Comcast for internet after a frustrating year with AT&T DSL where my connection would drop for a few seconds maybe 8 times a day, every day and they were never able to resolve the problem. It was also particularly convenient today as I was able to handle this among the myriad of other things I am working on.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...